House Plants/Two unknown house plants

Plant one - photo 1
Plant one - photo 1  

Plant one - photo 2
Plant one - photo 2  
I received two house plants from a friend of mine that lived in Miami, Florida. I received them last February. They were both about one inch a piece and now they are huge and beautiful! I don't know what to expect from them cause I don't know what kind of plants they are!

This first plant is in the Wandering Jew family. It is a Tradescantia fluminensis
( Variegata Wandering Jew ). You can go to Google and put in Tradescantia fluminensis
( Variegata Wandering Jew ) then click on images and you will find pictures of plants very similar to yours. It appears to be in a pot with no drainage hole. It does need good drainage and to dry out well between waterings. It also loves the sun. If you need more care info feel free to write again. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.