House Plants/aloe vera flower

Question
My aloe vera plant has a large shoot from the center of it and a big flower. This is the first time that it has done this and I have 2 basic questions.
1. What should I do with this shoot? Is it safe to cut it off?
2. I have notice my allergies (hayfever type) have been really bad the last 2 weeks in my house. I am wondering if it could possibly be from this flower?
Thank-you

Answer
Shawn,

Sorry to hear it is stirring up your allergies. I am not an allergist so I can't tell you that this is absolutely the cause but I am sure it is also possible. A lot of trees are also pollinating this time of year and many people including me are allergic to lots of tree pollens. Yes, you can use sharp scissors and cut it off and it will not damage the plant. Good luck!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle