House Plants/browning of small pine tree

pine tree
pine tree  
Hi Darlene
I have a pine tree in a pot I put it in my south facing balcony
It has been neglected little
I water it once every week or sometimes every 4 days
I just water it I am not even look at it's needles in the other side of it ( I mean the part that not facing me when I water it )
today I turned it and I see brown needles at the upper side but of it and this browning is from only the side that facing sun I hope that I make you understand me .sorry for bad English
.The brown needles is very brittle all the tiny brown hairs of needles fall off when I toch it. I water it now after I see this problem . do you think this is under-watering sign?I didn't water it for a week

I live In Iraq the  weather now is about 23 c at night to 30 c at morning\afternoon

should I prune these needles? and how to water it correctly ?
should I re-pot it ?and move it to more sunny place?
please give me your advice I love this tree so much
thank you

Your plant is not a pine tree, it is a dwarf Alberta spruce, the Latin name for the tree is picea glauca "conica". It has the appearance of a Christmas tree. It cannot live in the original nursery pot forever. It needs repotted into a slightly larger pot with some fresh potting soil around it. I think the one branch turned brown because it did not get enough sun up against the house. It needs to be turned 1/4 around each Saturday.

When it is that hot it needs watered at least every 3 days. When the temps drop down to 20 degrees you can go back to once a week. It looks like you have a nice sago palm there too. In that heat I would keep it where it is, I would just turn it regularly. By the way, I think your English is pretty good. Are you native Iraqi?  If you have more questions feel free to write again. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.