House Plants/Echeveria needs help!

Question
Echeveria
Echeveria  
Hi Will
I have this hairy Echeveria for about 2 months
I water it just like the other of my succulent collection
,until dry out completely .

I put in in shady place
it seems like it is not happy
the leaves seems droopy , sometimes becomes yellow and drop out
what can I do ?
please give me your advises
thanks

Answer
Hi Sara,

There are hundreds of different Echeveria species. Yours appears to be Echeveria pulvinata, sometimes called Chenille Plant.

This is not a plant for shade. It must have as much direct sunlight as possible. In good light, the leaves are bigger and get a reddish tinge on the outsides of the leaves. In more light they can also support more leaves so they don't have to shed older leaves as they add new leaves on top.

Although warm temps are appropriate when it is growing vigorously in summer, Echeveria benefits from cooler temps and reduced water in the winter.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed