House Plants/Pothos Help

Question
My significant other's dog recently escaped from her crate and removed all the leaves from his mother's pothos vine plant.  Is there anything that can be done to save the plant?  The vines are still intact, just the leaves are missing.  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  His mother recently passed away and the plant is very special.  Thank you!

Answer
Hi Bonnie,

As long as the roots are okay and there are some stems left, then the Pothos will be just fine. Prune back the naked stems to a length of 1-2 inches. Healthy new growth will emerge from each stem just below the pruning cut and grow out from there. Of course, it will take several months or more for the Pothos to get back to where it was, but its prognosis is excellent.

Keep in  mind that because it has fewer leaves now, it will use a bit less water. Do NOT repot or fertilize it.

I have written articles on Pothos care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed