House Plants/Calla Lilly

I have two yellow Calla Lilly potted plants in my gazebo. They have turned from a beautiful yellow to green. What is happening?

Not to worry...Calla Lilies are tubers...Sounds like your calla lily is getting ready to go into its dormant period...They bloom for 4-6 weeks and then should be allowed to die back so they can rejuvinate...The flowers turn green to brown when getting ready to go dormant...In zones 7-10 they can be kept in the ground and will re-emerge...In pots they need to dry out and stay dormant for awhile...With proper care they will re-emerge again....Type "Calla Lily dormant care" into your search engine to get the  information you need to make them rebloom...
Good luck...
Rick in southern NJ

House Plants

Richard Hern

I can answer many common garden center/greenhouse houseplant questions such as , proper care, propagation of, pest problems, identification, growing mediums, construction, etc. & many more..

I currently manage a private 16 acre estate. i am in charge of the general maintenance of buildings and i supervise the landscape maintenance staff. i teach landscape/horticulture evening classes for a community college in NJ. I taught landscape/horticultural classes for a NJ vocational high school for 5 years. prior to that I owned & operated a landscape/garden center facility for 20 + years. My experience is in commercial & residential sales & care of houseplants as well as landscaping.

BS degree in Zoology (Entomology)
Certified landscape/horticulture teacher NJ