House Plants/Pruning Ponytail Palm

Question
Ponytail Palm plant
Ponytail Palm plant  
I have a Ponytail Palm plant that has been kept indoors since I bought it two years ago. It sits on a table in front of a window but doesn't get direct sunlight.It is about 16-18 inches tall and as you can see is growing very well. The leaves have more than doubled in length since I bought it. My question is, can the ends be trimmed a bit to keep them from piling up on the table? I love the way it trails and I don't want to do anything that will damage it in any way.

Answer
Michelle,

You can prune off the ends of the leaves trimming them to a point. However I must warn you the the tips may dry and turn brown after you prune it off but it will only be the tip. You might try it on one or two leaves and wait a month to see how it looks then decide if you want to prune the rest. Each plant reacts differently. Good luck!!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle