House Plants/re-potting

Question
When is the best time to re-pot my rubber plant

Answer
Hi Tracey,

Your question reflects a common misunderstanding about repotting indoor plants. Indoor plants are from tropical regions and are non-seasonal. That means that they can be repotted at any time of the year, but only when needed.

Unnecessary repotting is the single most common cause of plant failure, so it is important to repot only when necessary, which is far less often than most people think. If your Rubber Plant can go 3 days or more after a thorough watering before needing additional watering, then it does NOT need a larger pot and should be left alone until it dries out every couple of days.

I have written articles on repotting and on Rubber Plant care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com. I have also written an indoor plant care book in a PDF format that I can sell you if you contact me at my email address.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed