House Plants/coral cactus house plant

I live in Michigan  and I don't know how to take care of my plant in the winter  we have no sun from nov to fed my house stay between 68 to 75  on the card that came with it say to keep between 65 and 85 do I need to get a heat lamp or something to keep light on it please let me know I love this plant and don't want to see anything happen to it     thank you very much

Put your cactus under a desk lamp with a florescent daylight bulb in it Keep the bulb about 6-8 inches from the plant so it gets lots of light. Have the light on a timer set up so the plant gets 14 hours of light per day, that will keep it healthy all winter.  Be very careful not to overwater it and never leave it sit in a drain tray full of water or you will rot the roots. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.