House Plants/what kind of plant do I have?

My plant has a green leaf with grey specs. The edge and under the leaf is a maroon like color. The edges of the leaf is jaggered.

It sounds like a description of a begonia. There are many types. If you send me a picture of the plant I could more specifically identify it for you. You can e-mail the picture to this address. If you can't do that you can google begonia and then click on images and see if any of the pictures match your plant.If not e-mail me that picture. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.