House Plants/silly question

Question
This is a silly off the wall question...I have a hanging indoor plant, I'm not sure of the name of it, but it grows like crazy even in shade. I found a picture online that looks like it http://www.ecteli.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/best-indoor-plants-tropical-ind

Mine is so long it almost touches the floor, but I noticed instead of doing that it is turning back up on itself. Do plants somehow 'know' or avoid actually touching the floor?? Told you it was silly.
Thanks

Answer
Hi Lee,
  Your plant, which is called a Pothos, is most likely just growing toward the light source. With nothing to hang on to, the stems will fall down towards the floor but the new growth will grow toward the light source.

With stems that long, you can prune back the stems and reroot them to make a new plant. Another popular thing to do with this plant is to get a moss pole (you can buy already made moss poles at any garden store) or a thick, wooden stick to put in or on the pot for the stems to hold on to and grow around.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions or need additional information please don't hesitate to ask.
     Thanks
       Tracy  

House Plants

Tracy