House Plants/cold window poinsettias

hi, I have been leaning against a window pane a few poinsettias  left over from the holidays. they do get cold, but I thought sometimes plant stores make some plants last longer in cold storage. is this wise, in current temperatures (sometimes below freezing, such as 20 degrees F outside?

The term is cool storage not cold storage...Your plants will start to do poorly and die if the temp goes below 50 degrees...Depending on the type of plants most will do well in temps 50-60 degrees...If the leaves of the poinsettia touches the (20-50 degrees)window it will kill the leaf...Hope this helps...
Rick in southern NJ

House Plants

Richard Hern

I can answer many common garden center/greenhouse houseplant questions such as , proper care, propagation of, pest problems, identification, growing mediums, construction, etc. & many more..

I currently manage a private 16 acre estate. i am in charge of the general maintenance of buildings and i supervise the landscape maintenance staff. i teach landscape/horticulture evening classes for a community college in NJ. I taught landscape/horticultural classes for a NJ vocational high school for 5 years. prior to that I owned & operated a landscape/garden center facility for 20 + years. My experience is in commercial & residential sales & care of houseplants as well as landscaping.

BS degree in Zoology (Entomology)
Certified landscape/horticulture teacher NJ