House Plants/cold window poinsettias

Question
hi, I have been leaning against a window pane a few poinsettias  left over from the holidays. they do get cold, but I thought sometimes plant stores make some plants last longer in cold storage. is this wise, in current temperatures (sometimes below freezing, such as 20 degrees F outside?
Thx,
G

Answer
G
The term is cool storage not cold storage...Your plants will start to do poorly and die if the temp goes below 50 degrees...Depending on the type of plants most will do well in temps 50-60 degrees...If the leaves of the poinsettia touches the (20-50 degrees)window it will kill the leaf...Hope this helps...
Rick in southern NJ

House Plants

Richard Hern