House Plants/Hawaiian Lava plant

Question
The flowers on my Hawaiian Lava Plant are turning pale.  It used to sit in an east-facing picture window but I thought it might be getting too much sun so I moved it to about 5 feet from the window.  Does the paleness tell me that it needs more sun?

Answer
Evie,

The flowers do not last forever. How old is this plant? There are several types of Lava Plants. I really need a picture to answer the question more precisely. I suspect that these flowers are fading due to their age and you need directions on how to get the plant to rebloom. To give you those instructions I need to know the type of plant so send me a picture and I can give you a very detailed answer. For now you can wait until the flowers start turning brown before you clip them off. Good luck!!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle