House Plants/Mass cane

Question
I left my plant on the patio and a cold front came in and all leaves withered. What can I do to restore before I have cut them all off.  Ed

Answer
1st get the plant towards a morning sun window...You can remove any brown leaves back to green areas...
Water the plant properly... Water your plant based on how much it weighs when thoroughly watered VS when they are ready to be watered again. Plants die from too frequent waterings (or going too long in between waterings), not from how much water you give them at one time. Pick the pot up and feel how heavy it is after watering it thoroughly. Don't water it again until it feels considerably lighter and the top of the soil is light in color. Depending on plant types, sunlight exposure and pot size plants will need water at many different rates from once a day to once a month or more.
Get to a local garden center and buy a good indoor plant fertilizer (like Miracle Grow - indoor or what ever they recommend)and read the directions before applying it...Plants do need to be fertilized every month or so to stay healthy...
After you see new leaves developing you can start to remove damaged leaves periodically as new ones appear...
Hope this helps...

Good luck
Rick in southern NJ

House Plants

Richard Hern