House Plants/calla lily

I have a calla Lily I thought was died it has started to grow and it's outside,it's getting cold now in Maryland and  I'm not sure if I should bring it  inside .
I'm not sure if  it'll thrive.
Could you help ?

It is a bulb like tulips, except it is tropical. It cannot stand tto freeze. If it is going to frost tonight it needs to be brought in.. It needs to go dormant. If your garaage does not freeze you can put it in there and it will die back and appear dead but in the spring it will send out new growth and bloom again. If your garage freezes you can put it in the basement or a closet. You can give it no more than 1/4 cup of water per month. Any more will rot the bulbs. Don't forget to get it out again in the spring when it is past the last frost date;. It can go outside in full sun to bloom again. It will grow better if you fertilize it regularly in the spring. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.