House Plants/fear of over watering string of pearls!

I am very worried I've over watered my string of pearls and don't know what to do. I used to mist it which I am now learning is improper, I also watered it a reasonable amount because I was worried it was dry but now I fear the opposite! The bottom looks okay, but I fear the rotting will continue down. Is there anything I can do?

You are right to be worried. I would try to propagate the healthy parts and the following website has excellent instructions and a video on how to do it. I would add that you should mix potting soil and sand 50/50 for good drainage. Also keep the plant in the sunniest location possible.

Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.