House Plants/spider plants

Question
I potted a spider baby a year ago. I now have a healthy plant about12-14 inches in diameter 6-8 inches tall. Does it need something to encourage baby growth?

Answer
Sharon,

It will produce babies when it is rootbound and not until then. If it is in a large pot that could take a couple of years. You are better off planting a spider baby in a 4 inch diameter pot and when it starts producing babies move it to a larger pot and plant the new babies around the parent. It will become rootbound faster that way. Write again if you have more questions. Good luck!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle