House Plants/Tropical houseplant I.D.

I am wondering if you can identify this poor beat-up houseplant I found at a department store in Oregon.  The label only said “Tropical.”  It has a peach-colored trunk and stems, as you can see in the photos.  What is your best guess?  Thanks in advance!

It may be a member of the dracaena family. It is hard to tell with no frame of referance for the size of the leaves. A soda can in the picture and a picture from the front of the plant would also help. Go to Google and put in Dracaena then click on pictures and see if you see your plant. If you do click on the picture and you should be able to get the name. If you have more questions write again. If you don't find it send me the additional pics that I asked for. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.