House Plants/Ficus tree logevity

Question
What is the life span of your basic ficus tree?  I have 3 that range in age from 45-50 years old.  One is losing all its leaves while the other 2 are fine.  Could it be its age?

Answer
Donna,

I doubt it is it's age, they can live 100+ years but they can get more difficult as they get older. When was it last repotted and how tall is it? They can be difficult to keep indoors when they are so tall they are touching your ceiling. It may not be getting enough sun from the windows if it is very large.

Let me know the when it was last repotted, how large it is, whether it is indoors or out, where you are located so I know the climate, how much light it is  getting, the diameter of the pot, and how often you water it?  With that information I can give you my best advice. I am very good at raising ficus trees both as houseplants and as bonsai. I'll watch for your answers.

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle