House Plants/plant

Question
many years ago I saw a plant that looked like it was growing Red Dolphins, It was in a catalog, but I am still trying to find and purchase the plant, can you help me find it ? sorry I can not remember the name of the catalog.

Answer
Yvonne,

I believe that the plant you are looking for is Columnea gloriosa. The gloriosahas red blossoms. Other varieties have yellow flowers and are commonly called Goldfish vines.

Here is a website that has more info on that plant.http://paddy1.over-blog.com/article-goldfish-plants-flowers-are-reminiscent-of-l  

I owned one a few years ago and it is fairly easy to take care of. If you live in an area with freezing temperatures do not mail order the plant, wait till spring. If you have more questions feel free to write again. Good luck!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle