House Plants/plant

many years ago I saw a plant that looked like it was growing Red Dolphins, It was in a catalog, but I am still trying to find and purchase the plant, can you help me find it ? sorry I can not remember the name of the catalog.

I believe that the plant you are looking for is Columnea gloriosa. The gloriosahas red blossoms. Other varieties have yellow flowers and are commonly called Goldfish vines.

Here is a website that has more info on that plant.  

I owned one a few years ago and it is fairly easy to take care of. If you live in an area with freezing temperatures do not mail order the plant, wait till spring. If you have more questions feel free to write again. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.