House Plants/White bird of paradise leaf issue

Question
BoP
BoP  

BoP leaves
BoP leaves  
I've owned this bird of paradise for a few months now. I bought it prepotted in a well drained pot from The Home Depot. I live in Southern California and the plant stays on my patio. It is getting plenty of morning sun and is shaded in the hot afternoon. I do not see any pests, but it looks like something is eating the leaves. Help!!

Answer
Devyn,

That could be damage from rabbits, mice or voles, or even birds. Grasshoppers can also cause damage and would disappear when you appear. You might visit some nurseries in your area and discuss the problem with them. They probably have the same problem occasionally and could suggest a solution. Good luck!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle