House Plants/Dying yucca plant

Dying yucca
Dying yucca  
I have a yucca plant and it was very green growing and healthily, now that the weather is changing it's dying I have a lot of yellow leafs and they hard and dry it's an in house plant what can I do help me and my plant, please.

Hi Gail,

A photo that shows the entire plant, including its pot, would make it much better for me to make a proper diagnosis.

If your Yucca is a house plant, then it will not be affected by the weather unless you move it outside in summer, which I don't recommend.

The yellowing of leaves is a generic symptom with possible causes that include change in light and improper watering. You have not provided enough information for me to be able to tell you which it is.

In general, Yuccas used as house plants should be kept right in front of a completely uncovered sunny window. The top quarter of the soil, should be allowed to dry in between thorough waterings.

I have written a detailed article on Yucca care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at I have also written an indoor plant care book in a PDF format that I can sell you if you contact me at my email address.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to

or email me at or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)
Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to  

House Plants

Will Creed

I am the only expert in this category with professional hands-on experience and knowledge of all indoor plants. I can answer questions regarding light, water, fertilizer, repotting, pruning and humidity and temperature requirements. I can identify plant pests and provide information on safe, effective treatments. My answers are based on 35 years of professional experience and scientific research and are clear and easy to understand. I do NOT use search engines to find answers to your questions. If you read my previous posts here, you will get a good idea as to how thorough and professional my answers are.

I have over 35 years of professional indoor landscaping experience caring for plants in homes, offices, building lobbies, stores, restaurants, and other adverse environments. I have written extensively on the care of indoor plants, including a 260 page book. My specialties include Ficus trees, low light plants, repotting, pest control, and re-blooming holiday plants. Be sure to check my ratings and nominations to learn why I am the top-rated indoor plant expert. I am the only House Plant expert consistently ranked in the AllExperts Top 20.

BA, Amherst College