House Plants/Fiddle leaf

Question
Why is it getting big brown spots

Answer
Hi Colleen,

Brown leaf spots on Ficus lyratas are generic symptoms with several possible cause, including improper light and improper watering.

Your Lyrata has to be right in front of a very sunny window that is completely uncovered throughout the daylight hours. If it is more than a couple of feet away from the window or off to the side or in a corner, it is not getting adequate light.

Water your Lyrata as soon as the surface of the soil feels almost dry. Add enough water so that a small amount trickles through the drain holes. If your local tap water is hard, use filtered or distilled water instead.

I have written a detailed article on Ficus lyrata care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com. I have also written an indoor plant care book in a PDF format that I can sell you if you contact me at my email address.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed