House Plants/cold damaged peace lilly

Question
Hi, received 2 cold damaged peace lillies (6.5" each) thru FTD
and I am trying to care for the lesser damaged one- have gently trimmed off the dead leaves.It was dry to the touch so gave it a bit of water. Keeping it away from drafts and heat sources. What
else can be done to encourage new growth? Thanks,  Debby

Answer
Debby,

The first thing you should do is call FTD and demand that they replace the cold damaged plants. Their plants are way too expensive to settle for damaged plants. It is not fair to you or the person who sent you the plants.

If you are going to try to save the plant water it thoroughly then an hour later drain the excess water from the drain tray and do not water it again until the soil has felt dry on the surface for at least 3 days. When you see new growth you will know it is on the mend. Good luck!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle