House Plants/Peace lily phenomenon?

Question
This isn't really a question, but last weekend I saw a Peace Lily (spathiphyllum) in a restaurant window which had both white lilies growing in addition to two (2) GREEN-colored lilies! I am no expert, but was quite surprised to see this. I have never seen peace lilies grow with both white and green lilies from the same plant; this was a single plant, there were not two together. The green ones were mature and healthy looking, just like the whites. Was just curious if this was a phenomenon or what? Very interesting, and beautiful! Thanks in advance.

Answer
Patricia,

Many varieties of Peace lilies have the mature flowers turn bright green before deterioarting enough to be cut off. Using blooming plant fertilizer will help the plant bloom more and the flowers last longer. You didn't say you have one so if you look for one look for one with flowers starting to turn green. Good luck!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle