House Plants/Drooping jade plant leaves

Drooping jade plant
Drooping jade plant  
Hi there.  I have read some of your answers to questions similar to mine in regards to drooping jade plant leaves.  I would like to receive your article about caring for jade plants.  I have enclosed a pic of my plant.  Having a hard time deciding if this is under watering or overwatering?

Hi Linda,

Judging from the photo, I suspect that your Jade Plant is wilting because the roots have rotted and are no longer able to absorb water for the plant. If the soil was completely dried out that would also cause this wilting, but appears that the soil is damp and maybe even recently repotted. If you did repot, that is probably where you went wrong and inadvertently rotted the roots. Unnecessary repotting is the single most common cause of root rot and plant failure.

I have written detailed articles on repotting and on Jade Plant care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at I do not have access to your email address on this site so that is why you must email your request to me directly at the address above. I have also written an indoor plant care book in a PDF format that I can sell you if you contact me at my email address.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to

or email me at or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)
Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to  

House Plants

Will Creed

I am the only expert in this category with professional hands-on experience and knowledge of all indoor plants. I can answer questions regarding light, water, fertilizer, repotting, pruning and humidity and temperature requirements. I can identify plant pests and provide information on safe, effective treatments. My answers are based on 35 years of professional experience and scientific research and are clear and easy to understand. I do NOT use search engines to find answers to your questions. If you read my previous posts here, you will get a good idea as to how thorough and professional my answers are.

I have over 35 years of professional indoor landscaping experience caring for plants in homes, offices, building lobbies, stores, restaurants, and other adverse environments. I have written extensively on the care of indoor plants, including a 260 page book. My specialties include Ficus trees, low light plants, repotting, pest control, and re-blooming holiday plants. Be sure to check my ratings and nominations to learn why I am the top-rated indoor plant expert. I am the only House Plant expert consistently ranked in the AllExperts Top 20.

BA, Amherst College