House Plants/growing tree from a branch

Hello Will,

I would like to plant dwarf tree in front of my house but since they are extremely expensive and cannot afford one, I was wondering if I can grow one from a branch. My neighbours has a lovely dwarf tree and I can get a branch from hers. I've done some research in growing trees from a branch but most of the articles referred to fruit trees.

Thanks in advanced

Hi Gigi,

This is the houseplants forum for tropical species plants that are grown indoors. You should go to the outdoor gardening section to pose your question. However, before you do, you will have to identify the species of plant that you are referring to. "Dwarf" is a descriptive term that has no bearing on how a particular species is grown.

~Will Creed

House Plants

Will Creed

I am the only expert in this category with professional hands-on experience and knowledge of all indoor plants. I can answer questions regarding light, water, fertilizer, repotting, pruning and humidity and temperature requirements. I can identify plant pests and provide information on safe, effective treatments. My answers are based on 35 years of professional experience and scientific research and are clear and easy to understand. I do NOT use search engines to find answers to your questions. If you read my previous posts here, you will get a good idea as to how thorough and professional my answers are.

I have over 35 years of professional indoor landscaping experience caring for plants in homes, offices, building lobbies, stores, restaurants, and other adverse environments. I have written extensively on the care of indoor plants, including a 260 page book. My specialties include Ficus trees, low light plants, repotting, pest control, and re-blooming holiday plants. Be sure to check my ratings and nominations to learn why I am the top-rated indoor plant expert. I am the only House Plant expert consistently ranked in the AllExperts Top 20.

BA, Amherst College