House Plants/Saving my Desert Rose

Question
I have a very large Desert Rose plant.  It is several years old and has bloomed continuously all these years.  I inadvertently sprayed weed killer at the base of the plant to kill the weeds growing around it.  I think I might have killed the plant.  It is looking very sick.  All the flowers are falling off and branches look like they are rotting as well.  Can I prune the plant  to try to save it or feed it.  It also has white spots on the branches what can I use to get rid of them

Answer
Mari Anne,

You should absolutely never spray weed killer on any houseplant. Unpot it and remove the top layer of soil to remove the weeds and replace it. At this point it is probably too late to save your desert rose. You can try to unpot it wash all the soil off, wash the plant thoroughly then repot it in new sandy cactus soil. I really think your best bet is to look for a new plant and in the future carefully pull weeds. Never spray weed killer on a houseplant.

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle