House Plants/rozelea

why do you recommend vinegar in water when your allexperts Will says it will do more harm than good?

The instructions that I passed on came directly from the creators of rozelea. At 1 teaspoon per gallon of water it is not harmful. If your plant is planted in a soil mix with a lot of peat moss then your soil is very acidic to begin with so you only need to give it water with 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar per gallon once a month to maintain the acidity. Most people transplant their roseleas using standard potting soil which is not acidic enough hence the recommendation for the vinegar. If you mix 1/2 potting soil with 1/2 peat moss it will only need the vinegar once every month or 2. Good luck.

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.