House Plants/rozelea

Question
why do you recommend vinegar in water when your allexperts Will says it will do more harm than good?

Answer
Joy,

The instructions that I passed on came directly from the creators of rozelea. At 1 teaspoon per gallon of water it is not harmful. If your plant is planted in a soil mix with a lot of peat moss then your soil is very acidic to begin with so you only need to give it water with 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar per gallon once a month to maintain the acidity. Most people transplant their roseleas using standard potting soil which is not acidic enough hence the recommendation for the vinegar. If you mix 1/2 potting soil with 1/2 peat moss it will only need the vinegar once every month or 2. Good luck.

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle