House Plants/Bugs in house plants

Question
Read your response regarding getting rid of bugs in house plants. Placing a sliced potato sounds great, but how would I know when to remove it? Can you actually see the larve in the potato?

Answer
Hi Teresa,
  The potato slice needs to be changed everyday.It often takes a while to make sure that all the larvae are gone so you need to keep putting a fresh slice of potato in the soil every day until there are no more sign of fungus gnats.
You can not really see the larvae with the naked eye.However they can be seen with a strong magnifying glass.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions or need additional information please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks
Tracy

House Plants

Tracy