House Plants/Creeping Jenny question

Question
Hi, I potted up a beautiful plant with lots of creeping Jenny cascading over the side. I want to bring it in and preserve it for the winter if possible. Can you tell me how to do that best? Does it need extra humidity, what type of light, moisture, etc.  also, since it is a creeper and can grow prostrate, how could I take some of this Jenny and planted along my stone walkway? Would it be difficult to take? I would appreciate your help very much. Thank you and advance.  PS: I live in zone 7B, North Carolina

Answer
Hi Patti,

Creeping Jenny (Lysimachia nummularia) is not used as an indoor houseplant because it requires lots of sunlight and cool-cold winter temperatures to survive. In fact, it grows quite well in areas as as cold as Zone 4. Yours should survive quite well in your area.

My expertise is limited to indoor potted plants, so I cannot advise you on the care of Creeping Jenny outdoors. Go on the outdoor Gardening category on this site to get information on caring for it outside.

~Will Creed

House Plants

Will Creed