House Plants/My home fern

Question
Fern
Fern  
I recently bought a fern. The seller did not undersand english so i could not get specifications. But its lower branches are drooping. I water it onve daily. Please give me an advice.

Answer
Hi Vartika,

Your plant is a Norfolk Island Pine, an evergreen tree. It is NOT a Fern nor even a close relative to any Ferns.

The pot is a bit larger than it should be so you will have to be careful not to over water it.

This plant should be kept inside very close to a sunny uncovered window. Allow the top quarter of the soil to dry before watering enough so that a little water trickles through the drain hole. Keep temperatures between 50 and 80 degrees F. It is normal for older branches to fall off as new ones are added on top.

I have written a detailed article on Norfolk Island Pine care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com. I have also written an indoor plant care book in a PDF format that I can sell you if you contact me at my email address.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed