House Plants/Repotting pachypodium lamerei

Question
Hello,
I would like to ask how long should I wait with watering my madagascar palm after repotting.
Thank you, very much.
Petr K.

Answer
Petr,

It should not have been transplanted until after the first day of spring when the roots would be actively growing. That is also a plant that does not need moved to a larger pot unless the  diameter of the plant is nearly the same as the diameter of the pot.

Since it is already repotted I would go ahead and water it minimally but empty the drain tray under it an hour after watering. After that water it about 1/4 the amount you normally do every two weeks. Then do not water it completely again until you see new signs of growth. Write again if you have more questions. Good luck!

Darlene  

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle