House Plants/Help me fix my money tree :(

Question
Leaf
Leaf  

Trunk
Trunk  
My plant had these spots that started small are are getting bigger. I do keep it outside but the sunlight in never directly on it. Please help if you can.

Answer
Hi Brittney,

Potted Money Trees are fairly fragile plants and do not hold up well outdoors. Every local climate is different, so I cannot offer specifics about yours. However, outside elements include temperature fluctuations, rain, direct sun, fog, wind, animals and insect pests all of which can cause physical damage to plants.

In your case, I suspect either cold and or some occasional exposure to brief periods of direct sun. The spots on the foliage is physical in  nature. They are not caused by pests or diseases so no treatment is required. The leaf spots will always remain, however, unless you trim off those leaves. Likewise the peeling bark on the stems is not a cause for concern.

I do observe that your Money Tree is in a fairly large pot with heavy soil, so be careful to not over water it.

I have written a detailed article on Money Tree care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com. I have also written an indoor plant care book in a PDF format that I can sell you if you contact me at my email address.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed