House Plants/Is my jasmine dying?

I used to water my potted jasmine once in 3 days. It bloomed beautifully 2 weeks back with lovely white flowers. Last week we went to a holiday for 6 days. The plant was kept away from direct sunlight. I live in Philadelphia so the weather is cold.
To my shock when I came back the flowers had died. The leaves are still nicely green.
Is my jasmine dying? If yes, what can I do to revive it?
Waiting for your reply.

Hi Shell,

Jasmine are not ever-blooming like African Violets, for example. Typically, Jasmine put out buds once or twice a year. Most of the buds open about the same time and each flower lasts for a week or less before dying back.

As long as the foliage is still firm and green and healthy looking, then your Jasmine is fine and needs no reviving. Continue to care for it as you have in the past. Resist the urge to repot it and lower your expectations for flowering frequency and longevity.

I have written a detailed articles on Jasmine care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at I have also written an indoor plant care book in a PDF format that I can sell you if you contact me at my email address.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to

or email me at or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)
Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to  

House Plants

Will Creed

I am the only expert in this category with professional hands-on experience and knowledge of all indoor plants. I can answer questions regarding light, water, fertilizer, repotting, pruning and humidity and temperature requirements. I can identify plant pests and provide information on safe, effective treatments. My answers are based on 35 years of professional experience and scientific research and are clear and easy to understand. I do NOT use search engines to find answers to your questions. If you read my previous posts here, you will get a good idea as to how thorough and professional my answers are.

I have over 35 years of professional indoor landscaping experience caring for plants in homes, offices, building lobbies, stores, restaurants, and other adverse environments. I have written extensively on the care of indoor plants, including a 260 page book. My specialties include Ficus trees, low light plants, repotting, pest control, and re-blooming holiday plants. Be sure to check my ratings and nominations to learn why I am the top-rated indoor plant expert. I am the only House Plant expert consistently ranked in the AllExperts Top 20.

BA, Amherst College