House Plants/Window light

Question
We have some thermal windows with a UV coating. Does this have a noticeable effect on houseplants?

Answer
Janet,

It can depending on how heavy the coating is. If your plants are getting yellow leaves then the coating is affecting them and the only thing you can do is put them under florescent lights. You can use the new florescent bulbs in floor lamp. Or you can use florescent tubes in 2 tube fixtures and put them on timers 14 hours a day. Some plants can survive with lower light so I would not light them unless they get a couple of yellow leaves. Your plants can go outside for the summer and they will be quite happy.  If you have more questions feel free to write again. Good luck!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle