House Plants/Arrow Plant

I read your answer about brown spots on an arrow plant.  Should the leaves with brown spots be removed?  I keep moving the plant to see where it likes it... how much sun should the plant get.  I have it where it gets filtered light in the afternoon.  Thanks so much!

Your plant loves as much sun as possible. Mine hangs in a south window with no curtains or other window treatments so it gets full sun all the time. I would cut off all the damaged leaves or even cut the entire plant down to about 1 inch above the soil line then allow it to regrow. Fertilize it monthly wit a water soluble fertilizer such as Miracle Grow. Water it well once a week or more often if it dries out sooner. If you have more questions feel free to write again. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.