House Plants/black edges on my philodendron

Question
My philodendron leaves are turning brown on the edges.
I have it in a window facing south and west. Should I be misting
the leaves? What is the best fertilizer I should be using? Help

Answer
Marie,

Any water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Grow is fine. A philodendron does not like full sun, just bright light. Too much sun could be your problem. Or it could be too much water. You should only be watering it once a week and there should not be a lot of water in the drain tray an hour after watering it. If there is a lot of water in the drain tray you should empty it by pouring it in a bucket or suctioning it out with a turkey baster. If you have more questions feel free to write again. Good luck!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle