House Plants/indoor plant lifespan

Will Creed wrote at 2016-01-01 23:34:07
Hi James,

Phalaenopsis Orchids are fairly easy to care for during the approximately 4-6 weeks they are in bloom. All they need is some water flushed through their potting media about once per week and they will be fine. They usually bloom only once per year and getting them to re-bloom is not so easy.

A less expensive alternative with a longer lasting flower is a Bromeliad. Their flowers will last 3-6 months depending on the light. Weekly watering is usually about right for them as well. However, they do only flower once.

House Plants

Tracy