House Plants/How to grow gardeniasIf you

Can you take a snip from an outdoor gardenia bush & start a plant from that?

If you take 20 cuttings you might have 2 root.

I would try air layering it. I have cut one off and the top nor the bottom survived. If your try air layering it you have at least a 50-50 chance that it will survive. I would do it outside in a shady location and keep the plant on the dry side while you are air layering it.  You can get instructions for air layering at the following sites.

Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.