House Plants/identifying my plants

Question
what am i
what am i  
My mother past away a few months ago and I inherited her house plants....the only one I know for sure is the African violet, please help me with the rest....

Answer
Hi Dawni,

The only plant I can see in the photo is a Syngonium podophyllum. It is sometimes commonly called Elephant Ears, but so are several other very different plants.

Keep it on a north or east window sill and tightly potted. Water it when the soil surface gets dry. In nature it is a vining or trailing plant that grows along the floor of the rain forest. Left unpruned when potted, it tends to get long and straggly looking. Some people try to support the long stems with stakes, but they invariably outgrow the stakes. It is best to keep the long stems pruned back.

I have written a detailed article on pruning that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com. I have also written an indoor plant care book in a PDF format that I can sell you if you contact me at my email address.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed