House Plants/indoor plant lifespan

Question
Hello Tracy :

I want to put some flowering plant in my mother's room, in a nursing home. So, I need a flower that has a lifespan of WEEKS,
if possible.
People say orchids have longest lifespan.
Which orchid or other plant has the longest lifespan, indoors?
Which plant provides the largest flower ?

All feedback is much appreciated.

Answer
Hi James,
   I am not really the best one to ask about flowering plants. One of the other experts, Darlene perhaps, could answer your question better than me.
Orchids are VERY hard to properly care for. In my opinion, a miniature rose bush plant might work better. They are not real high maintenance like an Orchid and will last awhile.
Just be sure that you select one that has mostly unopened buds.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions or need additional information please don't hesitate to ask.
     Thanks
       Tracy

House Plants

Tracy