House Plants/Pony Tail Palm

I live in  SW Gulf of FL.  I have had my pony tail palm for about 2 years.  Can I plant my pony tail palm outside I the yard in a semi shade area?  Thanks, Maggie

I would plant it outside in the yard in a sunny area. They love the sun. They can get up to 12 foot tall. They can not stand frost or a hard freeze, cover it with a sheet in case of a frost or a blanket if there is a chance of a  hard freeze. If you have more questions feel free to write again. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.