House Plants/ponytail palm tree

Question
How often does a Ponytail Palm flower

Answer
Hi Lynette,

It is uncommon, but not rare for a potted Ponytail Palm to flower, especially when kept indoors. It will flower very sporadically with no particular flowering cycle.

For more frequent flowering keep it very potbound and do not disturb the roots. Allow the soil to dry more than usual in the fall for about a month or so and provide cooler temps in the 50-60 degree range, if possible. Of course, it should also be kept on a moderately sunny windowsill year round.

I have written a detailed article on Ponytail Palm care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com. I have also written an indoor plant care book in a PDF format that I can sell you if you contact me at my email address.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed