House Plants/Bougainvillea

Question
Hello!! I received this house plant as a gift and want to know if is dangerous to animals cats in particular.  This would be a great help if I need to regift to keep it alive.  I just love the plant and hope I can keep it.  Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.  Have a great day!

Answer
Kim
My research only shows that Bougainvillea sap can cause a skin irritation to people...I don't believe the plant will harm your cat...I have 2 cats (1 male & 1 female) and I would grow this plant in my house...My cats don't eat any of our plants...Bougainvillea is not on any toxicity plant list for animals...
Hope this helps...
Rick in southern NJ  

House Plants

Richard Hern