House Plants/Coral Cactus

Question
My Coral Cactus sprouted pointed leaves 3yrs. ago.  I have been giving it 1/4c. of water weekly.  It was been growing more leaves and recently some of the bottom leaves are turning yellow.  I just added another 1/4c. of water thinking it might need more water since it has grown bigger.  What do you suggest?

Thank you

Answer
Hi CarmelAnn,

You have not provided any information about your Coral Cactus (plant size, pot size, available light, etc.) that would allow me to tell you how you should water. However, it is normal for older leaves to yellow and fall as they age. Excessive dryness or over watering can also cause this to occur prematurely.

The fact that you have had your Coral Cactus for at least 3 years and apparently it is healthy, certainly suggests that you should not be concerned about the leaf yellowing and there is no reason to change your watering routine.

If you have some other concerns or additional information to share with me, let me know.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed