House Plants/House Plants

Question
I recently purchased a Maranta. Having never had one before can you give me any tips to grow this beautiful plant.  Also I am waiting on a Bonsai Juniper to come anyday I would love to successfully neuter it do you have any tips for a beginner of the art of Bonsai?

Answer
Tracy,

There are several types of marantas. This website has good instructions: http://houseplants.about.com/od/Yet_More_Profiles/p/Maranta-Growing-Maranta-Insi

If you have more questions write again. I have had this plant go dormant during the winter. It appears to die back and I let it set in a corner and watered it about once a month. After 3 months it started growing again.

I am not sure what you mean by neutering a juniper bonsai. My best advice on bonsai in general is t read all you can, go to the library and get all the books they have. Also join a club and there are a lot of great bonsai clubs in Ohio. If you are in northwest Ohio you could join our club in Fort Wayne, IN. Let me know where you live and I will let you know who the nearest club is. If you have more questions write again. Good luck!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle