House Plants/my question is about my dolphin plant

friend of mine gave me a start the plan is doing beautiful have all kinds of orange flowers but now I'm getting little white balls can you tell me what they are

Hi Peggy,

"Little white balls" could mean many things, but I will make an educated guess that if they feel like tiny bits of cotton and are soft and squishy, then they are mealybugs.

If you confirm that this is an accurate description of what you seeing, let me know and I will provide information on how to treat mealybugs.

~Will Creed  

House Plants

Will Creed

I am the only expert in this category with professional hands-on experience and knowledge of all indoor plants. I can answer questions regarding light, water, fertilizer, repotting, pruning and humidity and temperature requirements. I can identify plant pests and provide information on safe, effective treatments. My answers are based on 35 years of professional experience and scientific research and are clear and easy to understand. I do NOT use search engines to find answers to your questions. If you read my previous posts here, you will get a good idea as to how thorough and professional my answers are.

I have over 35 years of professional indoor landscaping experience caring for plants in homes, offices, building lobbies, stores, restaurants, and other adverse environments. I have written extensively on the care of indoor plants, including a 260 page book. My specialties include Ficus trees, low light plants, repotting, pest control, and re-blooming holiday plants. Be sure to check my ratings and nominations to learn why I am the top-rated indoor plant expert. I am the only House Plant expert consistently ranked in the AllExperts Top 20.

BA, Amherst College