House Plants/seperating pothos vines

Question
Hello :
I bought a GOLDEN POTHOS VINE, in a hanging basket. It is large, and
has 5 vines hanging.
Can I separate these vines and transplant into other pots ? The
salesperson was unable to advise me. Also, what type of soil do
we want with these indoor vines ?

All feedback is much appreciated.

Answer
James,

This is a plant that does much better if it is root bound. If you separate them put them in plants about 1/4th the size of the basket it is in now. Another option you have is taking cuttings of the long vines hanging down. strip the 2 lower leaves and dip the stem in rooting Hormone that you can get a Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart or most garden centers. Then insert several cuttings in another hanging basket and water it like it is already a separate established plant. It will take about 3 weeks for the  cuttings to be well rooted. Your original basket will send out 2 side shoots for each cutting you take off so your plant will be a lot fuller. Good luck!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle