House Plants/Small bugs with a web

Will Creed wrote at 2016-01-02 00:25:30
Spider mites are best treated by mixing a solution of plain water and a squirt of liquid dish soap, then thoroughly spraying the entire plant until ALL leaf and stem surfaces are dripping wet. If you are really thorough, that should solve the problem. If you miss a few of the tiny mites, they will reproduce and the problem will come back later.

Improper watering may or may not be aggravating the problem. Misting is only a mild, but unreliable deterrent.

Let me know if you have further questions.

House Plants

Richard Hern

I can answer many common garden center/greenhouse houseplant questions such as , proper care, propagation of, pest problems, identification, growing mediums, construction, etc. & many more..

I currently manage a private 16 acre estate. i am in charge of the general maintenance of buildings and i supervise the landscape maintenance staff. i teach landscape/horticulture evening classes for a community college in NJ. I taught landscape/horticultural classes for a NJ vocational high school for 5 years. prior to that I owned & operated a landscape/garden center facility for 20 + years. My experience is in commercial & residential sales & care of houseplants as well as landscaping.

BS degree in Zoology (Entomology)
Certified landscape/horticulture teacher NJ